Delivered in partnership with SoftEd, the Agile Certification for HR and L&D is completed online, over the course of three 5-hours days. This live, virtual instructor-led (VILT) class utilizes communities of interest (COIs) to inspire cognitive and social learning through focused discussions, analysis and hands-on application using your individual professional experiences. The ICP-AHR certification from ICAgile is granted upon the successful completion of this course.
Prework includes two short readings and one-hour video which introduces you to Agile concepts and methodologies, creating a foundation of understanding that you will rely on during and after the class.
Defining Agile and Its Relevance in HR and L&D
- What is Agile?
- When is Agile appropriate?
- Defining problems using the Cynefin framework.
Fostering Agile Teams
- The effects of structure on behavior.
- Teams of teams and teaming.
- Value stream alignment.
- Shared consciousness.
- Growth mindset and learned helplessness.
- Fear system vs. seeking system.
- HR seeking systems.
- Agile leadership.
- Servant and adaptive leadership.
- Psychological safety.
- Journey mapping and personas.
- Exercise: Craft a persona and map the associated employee persona.
- EPIC 1: Hiring//onboarding.
- Selecting for ability, social skills and drive.
- EPIC 2: Feedback and performance management.
- Continuous and peer-to-peer feedback.
- Epic 3: Pay and incentivization.
- Transparency and fairness.
- Job roles and titles.
- Epic 4: Training and development.