Delivered in partnership with SoftEd, Training Industry’s Agile Certification for HR and L&D is completed online, over the course of three five-hours days. This live, virtual instructor-led (VILT) course utilizes communities of interest (COIs) to inspire cognitive and social learning through focused discussions, analysis and hands-on application using your individual professional experiences. The ICP-AHR certification from ICAgile is granted upon the successful completion of this course.
Prework includes two short readings and a one-hour video which introduces you to Agile concepts and methodologies, creating a foundation of understanding that you will rely on during and after the class.
Defining Agile and Its Relevance in HR and L&D
- What is Agile?
- When is Agile appropriate?
- Defining problems using the Cynefin framework.
Fostering Agile Teams
- The effects of structure on behavior.
- Teams of teams and teaming.
- Value stream alignment.
- Shared consciousness.
- Growth mindset and learned helplessness.
- Fear system vs. seeking system.
- HR seeking systems.
- Agile leadership.
- Servant and adaptive leadership.
- Psychological safety.
- Journey mapping and personas.
Exercise: Craft a persona and map the associated employee persona.
EPIC 1: Hiring//onboarding.
- Selecting for ability, social skills and drive.
EPIC 2: Feedback and performance management.
- Continuous and peer-to-peer feedback.
Epic 3: Pay and incentivization.
- Transparency and fairness.
- Job roles and titles.
Epic 4: Training and development.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
List of Job Aids and Resources You’ll Receive Throughout the Program:
- Agile tools templates (ex. Kan Ban board, persona template, user story card)
- Employee journey mapping sheet
- Technical vs adaptive tasks cheat sheet
- Agile manifesto
- Agile resource list with over 50 specifically curated articles, reports and presentations, categorized by topic