As companies strive to remain competitive in the age of advanced technology and cultural shifts, the need to balance innovative people performance with equal access to opportunities that showcase diverse talent across an organization presents a challenge for even the most seasoned learning and development (L&D) professionals. Training Industry’s Diversity and Inclusion Workshop is a highly interactive program that utilizes several areas of Training Industry’s Training Manager Competency Model™ to assist you with building D&I initiatives that will go beyond surface level, reactive solutions and help you create proactive D&I initiatives for lasting impact.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
L&D leaders are often asked to contribute to and even take full responsibility for developing and implementing strategic programing to improve diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within the workforce and support an inclusive work environment. This course prepares you to lean into this responsibility with a strategic framework and approach to ensure you’re able to develop the right programs to support your company’s DEI strategy.
After completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Gain a foundational understanding of common pitfalls that can sabotage D&I efforts
- Articulate the role of empathy when securing stakeholders who will serve as D&I champions.
- Source reliable and relevant content that covers the full spectrum of D&I from internal and external stakeholders.
- Create a framework for design, development, and implementation that aligns with organizational goals.
- Establish an integrated approach to creating and measuring training and program effectiveness.
During the class, you’ll complete the following lessons, which also include practical application activities:
Lesson 1 – Welcome, Introductions and Expectations
Lesson 2 – Overcoming Common Barriers to D&I Programming
Lesson 3 – Developing and Delivering D&I Programs (Case study part 1)
Lesson 4 – Measuring D&I Outcomes (Case study part 2)
Lesson 5 – Wrap up and Q&A