The Building D&I Training Programs Workshop spans four hours and you will take part in a live, virtual instructor-led class (VILT), that includes ample time for discussion, analysis and application.
where to start
- Self-reflection discussion.
- Your company’s business case for diversity.
- Identifying company needs.
RELATED JOB AIDS: Guided self-reflection activity
Overcoming Common Barriers to D&I Programming
- Common challenges to D&I programming.
- The role of empathy when securing stakeholder support.
- Establishing an integrated approach.
RELATED JOB AIDS: “What’s in it for me?” Diagnostics Worksheet, Common Pitfalls & Barriers that Sabotage D&I
DEVELOPING AND DELIVERING D&I PROGRAMS
- D&I training vs. programming.
- Sourcing reliable and relevant content.
- Creating a framework for design, development and implementation.
RELATED JOB AIDS: Consideration Flow Charts for D&I Strategy, Programming, and Training; Creating Champions of D&I
ACTIVITY: Part 1 of Case Study – Build a D&I strategy, program, or training for a fictitious company.
MEASURING D&I OUTCOMES
- Measuring your program’s success.
- Evaluating and maintaining content.
RELATED JOB AIDS: Sample list of potential D&I metrics, D&I glossary of terms
ACTIVITY: Part 2 of Case Study – Determine what metrics to use, how those metrics will be reported, and to whom.