Defining the Consulting Process
- Define each step of the consulting process
- Identify ways to involve the client throughout the consulting process
- Describe the benefits of the Comprehensive Internal Consulting Model
- Overcome objections/obstacles to contracting
- Describe how contracting can enhance the client/consultant relationship
Related job aids: Contracting checklist; contracting meeting preparation checklist; project charter/statement of work (SOW) template.
Making Recommendations and Gaining Buy-in
- Communicate solutions and potential obstacles
- Negotiate solutions and success measures
- Provide and receive feedback in ways that enhance the relationship
Related job aids: Recommendations conversation preparation worksheet; recommendations meeting structure.