The Strategic Planning Master Class prepares you to set the direction for your training organization by creating and implementing a strategic plan. The master class is designed to help you develop the strategic alignment competencies defined by the Training Manager Competency Model™ that you will allow you to immediately demonstrate value through the development and execution of your plan to align training with business needs. All of this is provided online through a live, virtual session spanning a half day. Throughout the course you’ll receive tools and templates that you can take back to work with you to help you implement course principles on the job.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this master class, you will learn how to:
- Establish a common language with which to understand strategic planning as it relates to your learning organization.
- Conduct an environmental and gap analysis.
- Develop a basic strategic plan, action plan and scorecard.
- Communicate about the value and steps of your plan.
- Conduct a planning conversation with your team and key stakeholders, using the provided concepts, tools and frameworks.
During the class, you’ll complete the following lessons which include practical application activities throughout:
- Lesson 1 – Planning and Management Framework
- Lesson 2 – Impact of Mission and Vision
- Lesson 3 – How to Assess Your Operating Environment
- Lesson 4 – Create Your Strategy Road Plan
- Lesson 5 – Managing Programs and Resources
- Lesson 6 – Capstone Exercise