The Strategic Planning Workshop prepares you to set your training organization’s direction by creating and implementing a strategic plan. Develop the strategic alignment competencies defined by the Training Manager Competency Model™ , which will allow you to immediately demonstrate value through the development and execution of your plan to align training with business needs. This course is provided online through a live, virtual session spanning one half–day. Throughout this course, you will receive tools and templates you can take back to work to help you implement these principles back on the job.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
During this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Establish a common language with which to understand strategic planning as it relates to your learning organization.
- Conduct an environmental and gap analysis.
- Develop a strategic plan, action plan and scorecard.
- Effectively communicate the value and steps of your plan to stakeholders.
- Conduct a planning conversation with your team and key stakeholders, using the provided concepts, tools and frameworks.
During the class, you’ll complete the following lessons, which also include practical application activities:
- Lesson 1 – Planning and Management Framework
- Lesson 2 – Impact of Mission and Vision
- Lesson 3 – How to Assess Your Operating Environment
- Lesson 4 – Create and Document your Strategy
- Lesson 5 – Managing Programs and Resources
- Lesson 6 – Capstone Exercise