The Strategic Planning Master Class prepares you to set the direction for your training organization by creating and implementing a strategic plan. This master class is designed to help you develop the strategic alignment competencies defined by the Training Manager Competency Model™ that will allow you to immediately demonstrate value through the development and execution of your plan to align training with business needs. This course is provided online through a live, virtual session spanning a half day. Throughout the course, you’ll receive tools and templates you can take back to work to help you implement course principles on the job.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this master class, you will learn how to:
- Establish a common language with which to understand strategic planning as it relates to your learning organization.
- Conduct an environmental and gap analysis.
- Develop a basic strategic plan, action plan and scorecard.
- Effectively communicate the value and steps of your plan.
- Conduct a planning conversation with your team and key stakeholders, using the provided concepts, tools and frameworks.
During the class, you’ll complete the following lessons, which also include practical application activities:
- Lesson 1 – Planning and Management Framework
- Lesson 2 – Impact of Mission and Vision
- Lesson 3 – How to Assess Your Operating Environment
- Lesson 4 – Create Your Strategy Road Plan
- Lesson 5 – Managing Programs and Resources
- Lesson 6 – Capstone Exercise