The Strategic Planning Workshop spans four hours and is completed online. When you attend this program, you will take part in a live, virtual instructor-led (VILT) class that includes ample time for discussion, analysis and application.
Prework includes an individual information gathering exercise that will prepare you with the necessary background to engage with the course content, tools and templates.
In preparation for this workshop, we encourage you to review the following:
- Your organization’s mission and vision.
- Your organization’s goals and strategic priorities.
- Your L&D department’s goals and objectives.
- Any previous strategic planning work that you or your L&D team have completed.
What is strategic planning?
- Strategic Planning and Management Framework
- Introduction to Your Strategy Roadmap
- Integrated Surround Strategy Model
where to start
- Step 1: Targeting your plan for alignment.
- Step 2: Identifying strategic priorities.
RELATED JOB AIDS: 6 Steps, Actions, Tools Framework, Mission and Visioning Rubric, Strategic Priorities Form
assessing your OPERATING environment
- Step 3: Information gathering through assessment.
- Assessment tools and their application.
RELATED JOB AIDS: PESTEL Framework Template, SWOT Framework Template, TOWS Framework Template, GAPI Analysis Template
How to create and monitor your road map and action plan
- Step 4: Creating your strategy roadmap, including identifying key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Step 5: Action planning for execution.
- Step 6: Monitoring targets and taking corrective actions.
RELATED JOB AIDS: Strategy Roadmap Template, Action Planning Template, KPI Balanced Scorecard Analysis Template
- Involving the stakeholder across all steps.
CAPSTONE ACTIVITY: Action Planning Template