The Training Needs Assessment certificate will equip you with the tools and strategies you need to identify and respond to your organization’s most pressing training needs. This certificate utilizes Training Industry’s Training Manager Competency Model™ to provide L&D leaders with an in-depth understanding of effective diagnostic and needs assessment approaches to ensure learning is targeted to organizational priorities.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Walk away armed with a toolkit for improving your needs assessment processes and effectively get to the root of your organization’s and learners’ needs. Insights gained in this course will prepare you to make the right recommendations to meet and exceed business goals.
After earning this certificate, you will be able to:
- Recognize and communicate the importance of needs analysis in the L&D function.
- Gather and position the appropriate data to answer the right questions for different types of needs assessments.
- Anticipate, understand and solve potential roadblocks to successful needs assessments.
- Translate the results of your needs assessment into actionable recommendations
- Align your programs with true organizational needs and goals.
During the course, you’ll complete the following lessons, which also include practical application activities:
Lesson 1 – Introduction to the importance of needs assessment.
Lesson 2 – Types of needs assessment and when to use them.
Lesson 3 – Data sources and strategies.
Lesson 4 – Identifying gaps.
Lesson 5 – Effectively communicating with stakeholders.
Lesson 6 – Aligning needs assessment with course/program design.
Lesson 7 – Managing the needs assessment process.
Lesson 8 – Application: Identify the scope.
View the course agenda for more details.