The Leading Leadership Development certificate program spans eight hours and is completed online, over two half-days. The program consists of a live, virtual instructor-led (VILT) class, offering you ample time for discussion, analysis and an applied case study review.
PREWORK: LEADERSHIP MODELS AND CONCEPTS
- Defining leading development.
- Discuss the characteristics of “good” and “bad” leaders.
- Leadership models and concepts review.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP: PROGRAM PLANNING
- Common leadership development challenges.
- Identifying target skills.
- Potential KPIs and related assessments.
- 360-degree assessments.
- Values, motivation and personality assessments.
- Skills, competency and leadership potential/readiness assessments.
RELATED JOB AIDS: Leadership Development Roadmap, Leadership Assessments Breakdown
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP: PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Training Industry Leadership Development Model
- Choosing the right modality
- Understanding resources and vendor selection
RELATED JOB AIDS: Leadership Development Model
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP: PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION
- Review implementation logistics.
- Address common challenges through effective roll out messaging.
- Strategies for progress reporting.
RELATED JOB AIDS: Logistics Worksheet
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP: EVALUATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Making your impact case.
- Tips for program maintenance and retirement.
Your certificate program capstone will culminate with a case study, challenging you to apply the course concepts to a case example.