Monday, June 17 | 8:30 – 12:30 p.m.
Training initiatives are most impactful when driven by business outcomes. Strategic alignment is critical for any high-performing training organization. Creating alignment starts with a plan that connects training to organizational goals and a roadmap outlining how those goals are achieved through training processes and initiatives. On the surface, creating this strategic plan appears to be a daunting task. Where do you start?
This pre-conference master class equips you with the processes you need to successfully create, implement and maintain a strategic plan. By emphasizing the strategic competencies defined in the Training Manager Competency Model™, this course will prepare you for your role in ensuring your training organization’s strategic plan is positioned for success.
In this master class, you will learn how to:
- Establish a common language with which to understand strategic planning as it relates to your learning organization.
- Conduct an environmental and gap analysis.
- Develop a basic strategic plan, action plan and scorecard.
- Communicate about the value and steps of your plan.
- Conduct a planning conversation with your team and key stakeholders, using the provided concepts, tools and frameworks.
This master class is part of Training Industry’s Continuing Professional Development offerings. View the full catalog of courses here.