Dallas – May 29, 2019 – Many people have difficulty handling emotionally charged discussions and conflict, managing emotions, and communicating authentically. The inability to deal effectively with high-stakes conversations also costs organizations an enormous amount of time and money. Achieving Meaningful Alignment is a program developed by leadership experts Susan Steinbrecher and Robert Schaefer of Steinbrecher And Associates, Inc. to help individuals and teams learn how to communicate extraordinarily well and build high levels of trust.
Meaningful Alignment refers to any conversation involving two or more people where alignment and deep understanding are vital to a successful outcome. More specifically, during high-stakes interactions where emotions run high and viewpoints often differ.
A lack of alignment creates problems in the workplace, such as:
- Avoidant and reactive management culture
- Team members unable to receive crucial, timely feedback
- Individuals and teams not being held accountable
- Fewer innovative, creative and collaborative behaviors
- Low autonomy — teams that are ill-equipped to resolve issues and solve problems
Very few people are trained to focus on emotional management skills throughout their careers — as they have been rewarded for results, not emotional intelligence.
“Through years of research, we have discovered that the secret to all successful relationships is based on mastering two aspects of emotional intelligence: the “inside game” of self-regulation and equanimity, and the “outside game” of facilitating the emotions of others,” affirms Steinbrecher.
The Achieving Meaningful Alignment program equips individuals and teams with a set of “tools” that will allow people to:
- Discover their unique approach to interpersonal communication, particularly when under pressure, with Steinbrecher’s ground-breaking new assessment called the Interpersonal Dialogue Profile™ (IDP).
- Acquire vital techniques to manage emotions and the emotions of others.
- Explore ways to build greater emotional resilience.
- Learn and practice the six steps and emotional management techniques of Meaningful Alignment.
- Team workshops, individual coaching programs, support tools, and keynotes are available.
Meaningful Alignment – the book – now available.
Through thoughtful story-telling, “Meaningful Alignment: Mastering Emotional Intelligent Interactions at Work and in Life” (by Susan Steinbrecher and Robert Schaefer Ph.D., with a foreword by David M.R. Covey) recounts a “slice of life” of an overworked, stressed-out executive who feels he is losing control in many areas of his life. At work, his productivity deteriorates, and he clashes with a peer. His home situation is not much better — he quarrels with his wife, and his son has stopped communicating with him.
With the help of a coach and a wise mentor, the protagonist of the story, Carl, learns how to build emotional resilience and facilitate the emotions of others — without losing control. Using the Meaningful Alignment program methods, Carl learns to skillfully navigate high-stakes conversations, with composure and resilience.
To learn more, visit meaningfulalignment.com
About Steinbrecher And Associates, Inc.
Steinbrecher And Associates, Inc. focuses on the positive side of people and performance. Now in their 27th year in business, the company provides business consulting, custom-designed leadership training, executive coaching and professional speaking services worldwide. Founder and CEO Susan Steinbrecher is an Inc.com columnist and has been a featured expert on MSNBC’s Your Business, The New York Times and Entrepreneur.com. Steinbrecher is also the coauthor of the new book Meaningful Alignment: Mastering Emotionally Intelligent Interactions at Work and in Life, and Heart-Centered Leadership: Lead Well, Live Well and author of the Amazon bestselling book KENSHO: A Modern Awakening. Visit steinbrecher.com and meaningfulalignment.com