Kitchener, ON – October 24, 2018 – Today, D2L launches its Magenta Release — the latest version of its Brightspace learning platform — making it easy for organizations to evaluate and give clear and transparent feedback on employee skills.
Skills development is a top concern of Learning and Development (L&D) professionals and business leaders — and 69% of L&D leaders say talent development is their top priority. That’s why D2L has added rubrics for employees and managers in the Magenta release. Rubrics are a tool that instructors leverage to create consistency and set clear expectations for their learners. Soft skills and good-quality feedback can be hard to assess — and measuring skills can be a key ingredient in helping employees continue to progress in their careers.
With the Magenta release, Brightspace makes it easier for organizations to evaluate employee skills and provide clear and transparent feedback.
The Magenta Release includes the following powerful features for businesses and organizations:
- A new user experience for rubrics makes it easier to evaluate employee learning and give clear and transparent feedback. Rubrics also help give more timely feedback to employees, allowing instructors to more quickly identify their learning needs.
- The ability to assign and assess learning happening outside the digital environment — like presentations, skill demonstrations, or field work — providing an easy way to handle feedback and assessment in the moment.
- Powerful new data and analytics tools — Magenta’s new Data Solutions Consulting packages help users focus on defining data-driven goals, completing a needs analysis and feasibility study and building a data solution required to gain insights and answer identified business problems.
- A course adventure pack makes it easy for learning and development managers to create content integrating game-based learning, storytelling, interactive assessment and awards leaderboard elements into training material to help improve employee engagement, retention, achievement and outcomes.
- Improvements to quizzing — including a dynamic preview for question pools in quizzes, and more data on quiz attempts with character counts on quiz logs help to streamline the quiz- creation experience. Employees will appreciate auto-saving during the quiz experience, and the ability to take a quiz in full-screen – particularly helpful taking a quiz on a mobile device – making it easier to focus by being fully immersed.
- A Manager Dashboard helps keep employees on track by setting due dates and clear expectations for assignments. Employees can stay also stay better organized and navigate to their courses quickly by having their course cards grouped by role or department.
WHAT CORPORATE USERS ARE SAYING ABOUT BRIGHTSPACE
“Our primary focus isn’t tests and written assignments—it’s asking students to demonstrate their coaching philosophy and how they put it into practice as they work with their athletes. Brightspace gives us a better way for them to capture those experiences and share them with their fellow students and mentors—for example, by making and sharing videos.”
Jason Sjostrom, Director of Coaching – Canadian Sports Institute Calgary
“Now with one system in place on the Brightspace platform, we can track customers’ learning progress, which helps keep them on task. We also leverage D2L’s intelligent agents in almost all our live courses, which allows us to easily communicate directly with customers and large numbers of course registrants within the platform. Having a system that allows you to reach out when you need to at certain points of a course, send reminders, and get people moving in the right direction or drive them to discussion boards is very important for our association and our members.”
Nancy Robert, Executive Vice President, Chief Product & Marketing Officer — American Nurses Association
“Before we adopted D2L, our instructors would send out text-based weekly announcements. Now, almost all of them are creating a weekly video message instead. Feedback on this new feature has been extremely positive, so it’s been a great way for us to quickly boost learner engagement.”
Matt Smith, Chief Learning Officer — Nutritional Therapy Association
“Brightspace allows us to provide rich content, improve an employee’s opportunities and improve their ability to execute — while still allowing them the freedom to do their day-to-day work. This earns buy-in from managers and employees alike and makes adopting a new learning program easier for the entire organization.”
Lisa Cairns, Director of E-Learning — Smith & Associates
“Brightspace was our platform of choice thanks to its discussion boards and video training features, best suited for a mobile sales force. With the Brightspace platform we can host the fundamental learning online with video and required reading to form the basis of their knowledge, and then test their understanding using the built-in quizzing tool. The statistical reporting capabilities allow us to understand in which areas the participants are strongest.”
Denise Teixeira, Senior Manager, Product Education — Mackenzie Financial Corporation
D2L’s Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform that makes learning easy, flexible and smart. Brightspace is not like a traditional Learning Management System (LMS)–it is easy to create engaging courses and content, integrate video, personalize learning, capture and share expertise across the organization and supports all mobile devices. Plus, Brightspace enables the future of learning with adaptive learning, intelligent agents, course interactives, full support for competency-based learning, and world-leading learning analytics. Our clients report improved productivity, performance growth, lower turnover of employees, greater engagement, and ultimately better business outcomes.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with organizations globally, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online and in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.