SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 24, 2014 – Global online skills assessment company Mettl today announced the launch of its new online certification platform, providing a secure, flexible platform that enables companies to efficiently deliver online IT and other certification programs to candidates around the world.
Designed to meet the growing demand for professional certifications across a wide range of industry verticals, Mettl’s new online platform dramatically reduces the cost and time commitment of conducting certification exams compared to on-site manual proctoring. At the same time, it overcomes geographic hurdles to greatly expand program access to more candidates, making secure, proctored exams available anywhere, anytime.
“We’re seeing a huge boom in the training and certification industry as a direct result of the surge in demand for highly skilled IT professionals,” said Ketan Kapoor, CEO and co-founder of Mettl. “This platform allows companies to securely certify more candidates, more efficiently, no matter where they’re located, to meet that growing demand, with both conventional Q&A and simulation-driven skills-based assessment.”
The Mettl certification platform offers a streamlined, highly scalable system to address every aspect of the certification process, including:
- built-in invitation, registration and payment processing;
- flexible test authoring—create custom questions in a variety of formats, including multimedia integration, or choose from hundreds of questions in the Mettl Question Bank;
- advanced, applied-knowledge assessment to test practical skills with simulation-based questions in coding, managerial skills and more.
- reliable security and identity validation with live webcam proctoring, access controls, and copy/paste and test window behavior restrictions to prevent candidates from cheating or navigating away from the test window;
- 360-degree customization with full white label capability;
- real-time test results with in-depth reporting and analysis
- auto-generated certificate upon successful completion; and
- third-party verification of certificates
For candidates and their employers, the Mettl certification platform provides the most efficient way to access and complete industry-standard certification programs at the lowest possible cost. With the ability to participate from virtually anywhere at any time, Mettl’s platform eliminates time away from the office and travel expenses, making certification more accessible and affordable for individuals and even the smallest companies.
Mettl is an online assessment, testing and certification platform to measure, analyze and improve both, technical and “people” skills, allowing companies and candidates to access the training and assessment they need without the expense and hassle of on-site, manual administration. Mettl’s highly valid, secure, customizable and cost-effective platform measures both “hard” knowledge and applied skills, as well as “soft” skills like personality, motivation and behavioral tendencies. More than 250 leading global companies in the IT, ITES, telecom and banking industries already trust Mettl, including Cognizant, Wipro, Capegimini, HCL, Accenture, Ericsson, Sears, Marico, Wiley, Monster, PwC, Makemytrip, Cleartrip and Inmobi. Founded in 2010 by Ketan Kapoor and Tonmoy Singhal, the company has been recognized by the New York Times and earned the TiE50 2013 Award as one of the top 50 startups in the world. Mettl is funded primarily by Kalaari Capital and Blume Ventures. For more information, visit www.mettl.com.