Columbia, MD and Stirling, Scotland – September 5, 2017 – Global performance improvement solutions provider GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, GP Strategies Training Limited, has acquired the entire share capital of YouTrain Limited (YouTrain), an independent training company delivering IT, digital and life sciences skills training throughout Scotland and North West England.
- Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Stirling, Scotland with regional offices in Glasgow, Inverness and Halifax
- Offerings include apprenticeships and employability training in partnership with Skills Development Scotland as well as corporate training and contract staffing services for commercial clients
- Holds an established and diversified customer base including large multinational corporations and public sector organizations
- Generated revenues of approximately $3.9 million in its most recent fiscal year
- Employs 43 people in the United Kingdom
- Accredited Microsoft Silver Learning Partner and the only Cisco Authorized Learning Partner based in Scotland
Scott Greenberg, Chief Executive Officer of GP Strategies, stated, “This acquisition expands our training capabilities in Scotland and provides us with additional capabilities in the IT (including cyber security) and digital apprenticeship market which we can offer to our levy and non-levy paying customers in England utilizing our existing Skills Funding Agency contracts and our Approved Apprenticeship Provider status. The acquisition of YouTrain further strengthens GP Strategies’ position as a major provider of vocational skills training in the UK.”
Duncan Macleod, the retiring Managing Director of YouTrain, said, “I’m very proud of what we’ve grown in the past few years in YouTrain: a profitable business which does a great job for its customers – learners and employers alike – and is a great place to work. I am delighted that we are now becoming part of a global company like GP Strategies which will give opportunities to continue profitable growth.”
To learn more about YouTrain, visit: https://www.youtrain.com/.
About GP Strategies
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.