Training management refers to the process of effectively managing a training function within a business. Training managers, or the learning and development professionals responsible for managing corporate training initiatives, are critical business partners responsible for leveraging learning for improved business outcomes.
Effective training management requires expertise across eight core process capabilities, which Training Industry research has identified as critical for great training.
- Wiki: Training Manager Job Description
- Training Manager Competency Model™
- Certified Professional in Training Management Program
- Research report: “What Makes a Great Training Organization?”
- The Business of Learning, Episode 59: Building a Strategic Training Function
- How To Assess and Bridge Your Skills Gaps as an L&D Leader: A 4-step Process