Sales coaching is a form of coaching provided to sales reps by a coach or, often, their manager to improve their selling skills. Research by Training Industry and ValueSelling Associates found that there are seven critical best practices for sales coaching:
- Make a long-term investment in sales coaching.
- Take an integrated approach.
- Offer coaching to the entire sales organization.
- Provide coaching on a variety of sales skills.
- Train internal sales coaches.
- Leverage outside sales coaches.
- Measure impact.