Design thinking is a key tool that your training organization should be using to address the changing business needs of your current and future workforce. By adopting this agile, solution-based methodology, you’ll first work to understand the problem(s) at hand, and then identify innovative solutions. Because design thinking is a form of human-centered design, this methodology offers you a framework for addressing training needs while also considering the learner’s experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this master class, you will learn how to:
- Define the term design thinking in the context of aligning learning solutions to business problems.
- Discuss a design thinking process that will offer you a deeper understanding of business problems and help you identify innovative learning solutions.
- Practice using design thinking to determine a learning solution to a problem at your organization.
During the class, you’ll complete the following lessons, which also include practical application activities:
- Lesson 1 – What is Design Thinking?
- Lesson 2 – Overview of the “Process” of Design Thinking
- Lesson 3 – Practice Design Thinking: Emphasize
- Lesson 4 – Practice Design Thinking: Define
- Lesson 5 – Practice Design Thinking: Ideate
- Lesson 6 – Practice Design Thinking: Prototype
- Lesson 7 – Practice Design Thinking: Test
- Lesson 8 – Practice Design Thinking: Reiterate