The Managing Remote Learning Certificate program spans eight hours and is completed online, over two half-days. The program consists of a live, virtual instructor-led (VILT) class, offering you ample time for discussion, analysis and an applied case study review.
Your prework consists of reviewing the remote learning roadmap, which outlines the five steps to ensuring your programs are aligned to business goals, as well as reviewing an overview of remote delivery modalities. During the course, you will also be given the opportunity to workshop one of your real training programs. After choosing the program you’d like to workshop, identify your “must haves” and “nice to haves” before coming into the course.
Setting the Stage: REMOTE LEARNING BASICS
- Defining remote learning.
- Managing remote versus in-person learning.
- Pros and cons of remote learning.
Creating Alignment WITH ORGANIZATION STRATEGY
- Pillars of a good business case.
- Achieving strategic alignment between training and business goals.
ACTIVITY: Outline program goals and alignment.
RELATED JOB AID: Building a Business Case
Engaging REMOTE LEARNING Experiences
- Synchronous versus asynchronous learning modalities.
- Engagement strategies.
- Roles that support remote learning.
RELATED JOB AID: Creating Engaging Remote Learning
Prework Activity: Building Your Business Requirements
- Determining your remote learning technology stack.
- Technology considerations.
ACTIVITY: Technology Speed Share
Selecting Technology Vendors
Measurement and Maintenance of Remote Learning Programs
- Current measurement methods in your organization.
- Direct versus indirect costs.
- Aligning key performance indicators (KPIs) with goals.
ACTIVITY: Determining Direct and Indirect Costs, Choosing KPIs Based on Goals
RELATED JOB AID: Cost Calculator Template
Maintaining Remote Learning
CASE STUDY ACTIVITY
Your certificate program capstone will culminate with a case study, challenging you to apply the course concepts to a real-world case study example.