Maximizing the use of virtual training has been a core focus this year, with learning and development (L&D) professionals harnessing their creativity to increase learner engagement and measure the success of virtual programs. From minimizing sensory overload to helping learners put continuous learning principles into practice, learning leaders have been busy creating a learning environment that nurtures talent and promotes career progression.
Developing leaders who can lead hybrid and remote teams has been integral to business success as organizations continue to navigate change and uncertainty. Emotional intelligence and resilience have become necessary skills to lead and manage employees – now and into the future. And as we prepare for the future of work, upskilling and reskilling can elevate the skills of employees and prepare organizations for long-term success.
These themes were among those reflected in the top articles and blogs published on TrainingIndustry.com and in Training Industry Magazine, with authors and business experts from around the world sharing their thoughts and ideas with our readers. Let’s take a moment to reflect on some of those insights by reviewing our most-read articles of 2021. They are listed in no particular order.
Here are the top 10 articles and blog posts of 2021 from TrainingIndustry.com:
- 4 Ways to Make the Hybrid Workplace More Successful
- Learning and Development, Reimagined in a Post-COVID World: Challenges and Opportunities
- How to Build Resilience by Ending the Habit of Overthinking
- 10 Strategies to Make Virtual Training More Engaging
- 6 Learning Trends to Expect in 2021
- Is Leadership a Learned Skill or an Innate Ability?
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed Everything About Work … Except How People Want to Be Shown Appreciation
- 3 Ways Leaders Can Boost Psychological Safety and Enhance Team Performance
- Why Emotional Intelligence Has Become a Key Leadership Skill: 5 Key Attributes
- 6 Elements of a Successful Leadership Development Strategy
Here are the top 10 articles of 2021 from Training Industry Magazine:
- Critical Leadership Skills in Times of Crisis
- A Blueprint for Remote Leadership That Works
- The Neuroscience of Allyship
- DIP Into Leadership: Identifying Emerging Leaders During a Time of Change
- Prove It! Measuring Training Impact for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- The ABCs of Minimizing Sensory Overload
- Putting Continuous Learning Principles Into Practice
- Measuring Virtual Training: Strategies for Success
- Using Science to Create Real Behavioral Change
- Adapting to the New Normal: Upskilling and Reskilling
As we move into a new year, stay tuned for ongoing resources published on TrainingIndustry.com and in Training Industry Magazine. To help plan for the future of learning at your organization, please review our 2022 Trends Report, which identifies six trends influencing the future of learning. And, as always, please feel free to reach out to our editorial team and share what’s most important to you.