It’s been an exciting year in the training industry, filled with so much transformation and change. Learning and development professionals have spent the year embracing informal learning as an effective means of training. From coaching to storytelling, the spotlight has been on helping the learner receive valuable information in the shortest amount of time.
Customizing learning pathways, microlearning and developing effective leaders have been key focus areas this year. With the rise of new learning technologies inundating the market, training professionals are staying focused on outcomes and only selecting the tools that will enable them to meet their goals and objectives.
These themes were among those reflected in the top articles published on TrainingIndustry.com and in Training Industry Magazine, with authors and business experts from around the world sharing thoughts and ideas with readers. Let’s take a moment to pause and reflect on those insights and inspirations by reviewing some of the most-read articles in 2017. These articles are listed in no particular order.
Here are the Top 10 articles of 2017 from TrainingIndustry.com:
- The Future of Online Learning Will Look a Lot Like Amazon
- It’s Time to Train Your Managers into Coaches
- The Healthy Leader: How to Change the Equation
- The Future of Learning Measurement Has Arrived
- Training Doesn’t Matter if it Isn’t Applied on the Job: Lessons from Brain Science
- What Is an Effective Leadership Program?
- How Coca-Cola Leveraged Learning and Development to Power its Business Transformation: Part One
- The Two Leadership Skills Your Middle Managers Most Need
- Reinventing Learning Is the Only Solution to Irrelevance: The Future of Corporate Learning Will Be Self-Driven
- Leadership Development Training: 3 Questions Every Leader Must Be Able to Answer
Here are the Top 10 articles of 2017 from Training Industry Magazine:
- Four Steps, Two Voices: Navigating the Manager-Millennial Relationship
- SQUIRREL! Avoiding the Bright, Shiny Objects and Focusing on Outcomes
- Leveraging the Coaching Revolution
- The Power of Stories: Personalizing the Learning Connection
- Millennials and Microlearning: Moving from Knowledge Retention to Action-Focused Outcomes
- Using an Observation & Feedback Model for Leadership Development
- Treating Our Learners as Customers
- Finding the Value in Informal Learning
- Is Microlearning Enough?
- How to Create Learning Pathways that Scale
With readers showing a vested interested in planning and analyzing the future of the training industry, our annual key trends report continues to be a top article each year. For a look ahead, please read the “Key Trends for 2018” article, as well as our special report on “The Future of Corporate Learning.”
Training Industry will continue to publish relevant and timely articles on both TrainingIndustry.com and Training Industry Magazine, so stay tuned for ongoing resources from industry thought leaders. And as always, please feel free to reach out to our editorial team and share what’s most important to you.