Building a safe and inclusive learning culture has taken center stage this year, with a focus on bringing a diverse set of perspectives to the decision-making table. From mastering the art of storytelling to dispelling classic feedback myths, the spotlight has been on helping leaders — new and old — refine their leadership approach to drive long-lasting change.
Using checklists, analytics and research-backed theories, L&D professionals have armed themselves with the tools and resources they need to thoughtfully build training programs that move the needle on employee performance and push their organizations forward.
These themes were among those reflected in the top articles and blogs published on TrainingIndustry.com and in Training Industry Magazine, with authors and business experts from around the world sharing their thoughts and ideas with our readers. Let’s take a moment to reflect on some of those insights by reviewing our most-read articles of 2019. They are listed in no particular order.
Here are the top 10 articles and blog posts of 2019 from TrainingIndustry.com:
- 6 Myths Surrounding Feedback
- The Cognitive Science Behind Learning That Resonates: The AGES Model
- 5 Training Mistakes That Inhibit Lasting Change
- Stress Less at Work With These 5 Mindfulness Tips
- Learning and Development Project Checklist
- Corporate Traumatic Stress Disorder (CTSD) Is the Scourge of the 21st-Century Workplace
- 6 Dos and Don’ts for Effective One-on-one Meetings
- 15 Performance Questions L&D Should Ask Before Delivering Training
- How to Build Leaders’ Capacity for Storytelling
- The SOON Funnel: 4 Coaching Questions the Best Managers Ask
Here are the top 10 articles of 2019 from Training Industry Magazine:
- Is Training Analytics Smoke and Mirrors?
- What It Looks Like to Develop the Next Generation of Leaders
- Was It Worth It? Measuring the Impact and ROI of Leadership Training
- Back to Psychology Basics: How to Keep Your Learners Engaged
- Adaptive Learning 3.0
- Taking a Bite Out of Bite-sized Learning: Templates and Best Practices
- Close More Deals with Story Selling
- 6 Topics You Should Cover in Your New Leader Mentoring Program
- The Importance of Diversity of Thought
- Is Your Organization Ready for the Future of Virtual Training?
As we move into a new year, stay tuned for ongoing resources published on TrainingIndustry.com and in Training Industry Magazine. If you haven’t already done so, please review our “Trends 2020” report, which identifies the trends that we feel will make a lasting impact on the training industry in the coming year. And, as always, please feel free to reach out to our editorial team and share what’s most important to you.